The following is a list of the books and supplies that I use. I include links to the websites I purchase from. I do not get a kickback for these links.
- Big Book Set AA Recovery Package includes: AA Big Book Hardback, AA Twelve & 12 Hardback, Big Book Dictionary, Twelve & Twelve Dictionary Big Book Index Bookmark, The Promises Bookmark, the Promises Verse Card, and your choice of Double Book Cover Color for a Total of $50.35 with a 10% discount.
- Living Sober Large Print “Some Methods A.A. Members have used for not drinking!” 5-1/4″ x 8-1/8″ x 1/4″ (92 pages)
- Came to Believe Large Print 5-1/4″ x 8-1/8″ x 3/8″ (120 pages) – Soft Cover “The spiritual adventure of A.A. as experienced by some members.”
- Daily Reflections A book of reflections by A.A. members for A.A. members.
- Twenty Four Hours A Day Hard Cover
3-1/4″ x 5-5/8″ (400 Pages)
- Paths to Recovery Al-Anon Family Groups Book
Al-Anon’s Steps, Traditions, and Concepts – Why do I include this? Most alcoholics I know are affected by other alcoholics. Also, some of the daily homework comes from this book.
Basic Supplies List:
- Planner or Organizer– This is not exclusively for your recovery, it’s to help you to stay sane. Keep track of work schedules, Dr. appointments, treatment, call times, meeting lists, phone lists, and homework assignments.
- Notebooks– Keep your daily homework, phone lists, homework assignments, meetings notes, and journal information in here. There is quite a bit of writing, so purchase more than one to have them on hand.
- Phone and Meeting List
- Dictionary: One that is not abridged please!
- A timer: Most cell phones have a timer function, so you may be able to use your phone as a timer.
- A journal: I use a traveler’s notebook. I put my meeting lists, schedule, journal and homework all in one traveler’s notebook.
This is not a complete list, however it is a starter list. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org